Deb Courtney, PhD, LCSW, MA is an entrepreneur, psychotherapist, professor and speaker serving NYC, Westchester and Fairfield Counties.
Deb's entrepreneurial ventures include:
- TrulyFit, where she co-creates a space with her life partner, Frank Loverro, to facilitate body, mind, spirit evolution for their clients.
- The EMDR Journey Game, which helps make EMDR, an evidence based trauma treatment, more accessible to young clients during their healing process.
- Pine Grove Country Day School, where she enjoys co-creating an environment with her siblings and amazing team that fosters children's confidence and love of learning.
Deb has also been a college professor of social work and human service courses for over eight years. Her research and clinical specialties include: trauma treatment, spirituality and wellness and global service. She is now dedicating herself to teaching outside of the classroom in the form of trainings, retreats, workshops and writing.
Deb believes in equality for all and that being of service to each other is why we are here. She serves on the board of the non-profit, Humanity Unified, with a mission to help lift vulnerable populations out of poverty through education, food security programs and economic opportunities.
During self care time, you will find Deb hiking, practicing yoga, hanging with her family and friends, playing with her dog, writing in her journal, or traveling around the world learning about other cultures and engaging in reflective, self-growth activities.
Deb's Degrees and Certificates
- PhD (Fordham - Graduate School of Social Service)
- MSW (Fordham - Graduate School of Social Service)
- MA Forensic Psychology (CUNY John Jay)
- BA (University of Richmond)
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Certified
- Reiki Master
- Past Life Regression Hypnosis Certified
- NYS Social Work Continuing Education Provider